Installing the LandingZone Ethernet Driver
For the 12-inch LandingZone, LandingZone DOCK, and LandingZone 2.0 PRO
Establishing an Ethernet connect with the LandingZone requires the installation of the LandingZone Ethernet Driver.
Note: If you already have a version of the LandingZone Ethernet Driver installed on the MacBook, please uninstall the driver by following these steps before installing the latest LandingZone Ethernet Driver.
How to Install
- Undock the MacBook, unplug the Ethernet cable, and unplug the LandingZone Power Adapter from the docking station before installing the LandingZone Ethernet Driver on the macOS.
- Download the .zip file containing the LandingZone Ethernet Driver from this page or the Download Drivers page.
- Double-click on the LandingZone Ethernet Driver .zip file and a folder will be extracted.
- Double-click “AX88179_178A.dmg” file in the extracted folder. A Disk Image device titled “AX88179” will appear in Finder (under devices) and also on the Desktop.
- Double-click “AX88179_178A_v2.9.0.pkg” and a driver setup dialog will appear. Click the [Continue] button to start the installation process and follow the instructions.
- Under Installation Type, click [Install] to continue the operation. You might need to enter your MacBook computer’s username and password during this step based on your personal computer settings. Enter them if you are prompted.
- After you have entered your information, or if your computer is not password protected, you will immediately see the following:
- Click [Continue Installation] to continue with the driver installation. Continuing will restart your MacBook so close any applications at this time.
- Restart the macOS system by clicking [Restart].
- After the MacBook has finished rebooting, connect the LandingZone Power Adapter and Ethernet cable, and then dock the MacBook to the LandingZone.
- Go to the Network Settings in the System Preferences and the AX88179 Ethernet connection should appear as “Connected” on the connections list to the left. It should display as “AX881…thernet” with a green dot next to it, as shown in the image below. You should also be able to see the IP address, router, subnet mask, DNS server, and Search Domain(s).
- If it is not shown on the connections list, add the interface by clicking the“+” icon at the bottom of the list. Under the Interface drop down, select “AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet” and click “Create”. The connection should now appear in the connections list. Select it and click Apply to establish the Ethernet connection.
- If it appears on the connections list as “Not Connected” with a red dot, select it and remove it by clicking the “-” icon and repeat Step 11.
If you experience any issues with Ethernet or have any questions during these steps, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.